Here’s what you need to know on Tuesday morning.
– A Joint Intelligence Bulletin produced by DHS and FBI in May of this year warned of violence associated with white supremacist movements. Citing 26 attacks over the past 16 years, the Bulletin is being cited by the media to claim that white supremacist violence is the greatest “domestic terror threat”. According to the report, white supremacists have killed 49 people since the year 2000. Islamic terror is obviously not being considered as a “domestic terror threat”.
– The mayor of Boston, MA recently cancelled a right wing rally set for the city this Saturday. So far, most participants are undeterred from attending, even in the face of massive left wing activism and the potential for violence.
– On Monday, a group of left wing activists tore down a Confederate statue in Durham, NC in response to the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally. [source]
– Given Saturday’s politically-motivated homicide, expect the issue of right wing homegrown terror to be a staple talking point with the mainstream media, especially as long as Free Speech rallies continue to be planned.
– A full write-up on the Joint Intelligence Brief and this Saturday’s Boston rally will appear in this week’s Strategic Intelligence Report. Subscribe here to receive our weekly intelligence reporting.