ADMIN NOTE: I apologize for being late this morning. I was watching the Steve Bannon speech from last night, where he talks about two important issues for us here at Forward Observer.
Good morning. Here’s your Early Warning for Tuesday, 12 December 2017.
Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon spoke at an Alabama rally for Senate candidate Roy Moore on Monday night, where he described the special election as being between the “Trump miracle” and the “nullification process”. There are two really big, cryptic messages in this speech.
1. After speaking about Republican establishment who have opposed the Trump agenda, Steve Bannon seems to warn that Republicans will turn on President Trump after the tax cuts are passed. “That corporate tax cut, that’s all they [establishment Republicans] want him for. As soon as they get that tax cut, you watch what happens. There’s a special place in hell for Republicans who should know better.” The nature of the speech seems to indicate that once the Congress passes a tax cut, establishment Republicans will increase opposition to President Trump’s America First agenda.
2. Bannon made mention of the Fourth Turning, an academic theory postulated in 1997 that generational cycles make domestic conflicts more predictable. The next Fourth Turning — the peak of the ‘crisis generation’ — is the early 2020s. “Eventually we set things right. We’re in the great Fourth Turning here,” Bannon said during the speech, indicating that he believes another revolutionary phase is likely in America.
- China said to be preparing refugee camps along border with North Korea
- U.S. forces preparing for air war over North Korea
- Hezbollah chief tells rally group will return its focus to Israel
Join me on Forward Observer Radio today at 2pm Central as we talk about today’s critical intelligence, current and future events, national and community security, and more. You can listen live on Spreaker or catch the podcast edition on iTunes or Spotify.
- NYC terror attack breakdown, national security strategy, and reader questions
- Bitcoin, military faces readiness issues, and reader questions
- Punching Nazis: A discussion of antifascist tactics
Looking for fair and accurate intelligence reporting? Each week, in addition to daily intelligence reporting, the analysts at Forward Observer produce two full-length intelligence newsletters. Strategic Intelligence focuses on the risk of war, systems disruption, and other strategic threats affecting the United States. And Low Intensity Conflict is a weekly look at the development of domestic conflict, revolutionary political movements, tribal violence, and other factors that disrupt our “civil” society. Subscribe now.