An Alt-Left website has become ground zero for leaked reports about Alt-Right planning and organizing, which proves Alt-Left intelligence gathering is active and significant. The website operates similar to Wikileaks, and publishes documents from individuals purporting to have obtained the information from official and legitimate sources. This report is for subscribers of Low Intensity Conflict.
Alt-Left website Unicorn Riot has published several communiques relating to internal planning and documents of both law enforcement and Alt-Right groups. The website operates in a similar fashion to Wikileaks, which has embarrassed and harangued the U.S. government by publishing classified information for over a decade.
Here are some recent ‘leaks’:
- Internal law enforcement documents regarding Richard Spencer’s speech at the University of Florida [source: https://www.unicornriot.ninja/2017/florida-prepares-statewide-police-resources-defend-neo-nazi-richard-spencer/]
- Anti-communist Discord chat server logs [source: https://www.unicornriot.ninja/2017/anticom-discord-server-shows-months-neo-nazi-incitement/]
- Discord and Snapchat conversations regarding a Richard Spencer bodyguard [source: https://www.unicornriot.ninja/2017/richard-spencers-bodyguard-caerulus-rex-exposed-member-national-guard/]
- Discord chat logs from Unite the Right attendees [source: https://www.unicornriot.ninja/2017/data-release-neo-nazis-plan-revenge-in-new-discord-server-after-unitetheright/]
- Discord chat logs from regional networks of the Unite the Right rally [source: https://www.unicornriot.ninja/2017/data-release-discord-logs-expose-regional-networks-planning-unitetheright/]
Analyst Comment: Much of this has been obtained with the help of the Alt-Right’s poor security. What’s likely happened is that invites to the Discord channels were published in already compromised spaces like Facebook groups or blog comments, and then Alt-Left monitors gained access to the chat rooms. There was likely an element of social engineering by Alt-Left monitors to keep their access in Facebook groups and these Discord chat channels. Apparently the Alt-Right has no concept of operations security or compartmentalization, which is an indication of the movement’s security overall.